s

s

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Said The Moon



Bring on the hallucination, because we will be awake until we are kissed by the sun. 

I am done trying to find sleep.

Open the window because I want to go outside and the doors are locked.

It's me and silent feet and the sound of the ground beneath me waking up. 

Don't wake the sleepers.

Don't wake the midnight dreamers.

Don't wake the monsters under the bed.

"Being dumb is never cute."

But tonight you are a fool and I think you are beautiful.

I don't want to fall away. 

I don't want to fall away, but I can feel it starting to pull at my finger tips.

I can see it pulling at your shoulders. 

I can hear the voice of sleep calling. 

I will stay awake. 

You tell me that we can't waste a night like this.

And I have never heard anything so honest.

I ponder over your silhouette that dances across the asphalt. 

"I will make you lovely" said the moon. 

"I will make you lovely" said the moon.

-K





1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, "I will make you lovely" said the moon." That's poetic right there. #stolen

    ReplyDelete