s

s

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Sun Child.

I can't help but to be a child of the sun.

I can fall in love with the heat that is being emanated onto my pale, dry winter skin.

I am Immersed in it, It surrounds me. 

All I can do is soak up its life giving light. I can feel its energy flow into me. How selfless is that, giving up its life source to me?




I may be a sun child but I live by the moon.

There is no rest on these warm nights, there is a different world out when its dark.

The silence of the streets, the only thing I can hear are the thoughts dancing in my head. 

The look of the smile on your face when we name the constellations is my favorite smile of yours.

We're lost in those stars. While everyone sleeps it feels like those stars and that moon, that magnificent moon, they are ours for that night. We don't have to share them with anyone.  

The light of the night makes you face pale and beautiful. You are beautiful. 

There is no such thing as time in this place. 

-S.B.



11 comments:

  1. This was beautiful. I really liked it.
    "While everyone sleeps it feels like those stars and that moon, that magnificent moon, they are ours for that night."
    So good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we need to get together and have a talk about astronomy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, whoa, whoa.

    Hold the phone. (And I never use that expression.)

    "my favorite smile of yours"

    "I may be a sun child but I live by the moon."

    But seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I may be a sun child but I live by the moon."
    #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I may be a sun child but I live by the moon."
    #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, so this is why I never make it to the top five, suddenly I don't feel cheated

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wait yessss. This made me feel good just reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That moon .gif is my all time fave.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "The look of the smile on your face when we name the constellations is my favorite smile of yours."

    unfreakingreal. I love this post to pieces

    ReplyDelete