s

s

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Without Forgetting.

I remember when I was five and I thought that I had to ask my parents if it was okay to get out of the bathtub. I would yell until they answered "CAN I GET OUT NOW!?...MOM?!...DADDY?!...IS IT OKAY IF I GET OUT OF THE BATH NOW?!".  I remember the day when I got out with asking and nothing happened, I didn't get in trouble. I Think they were just happy that I stopped yelling. 

I remember making plans summer of 2012 for summer 2013 and then everything changing. 

I remember Thursday, March 14th 2013, 9:00 P.M. As much as I try to forget this, I remember it. 

I remember when my parents lived in the same state as me. 

I remember when I thought it would be better if I was blonde. 

I remember when my dad started calling me Kels-o and 
I felt obligated to give him a nickname so I started calling him 
daddy-o and to this day we still call each other those names. 

I remember catching bees in our butterfly nets. We liked the thrill. 

I remember when I didn't know you. 

I remember when I was 6 and my best friend lived two housed down from me and she had a red tree house that I was jealous of. I remember when her dad ate a worm. 

I remember when my older sister decided to tell me what sex was.

I remember when I used to invite all the kids from my neighborhood over to play on my slip n' slide

I remember falling in love with a white and red light house on the cost of Oregon in December

I remember when we sold crystal light on the corner of our street and Tim and his friend ran their bikes into the table. (I don't know if you remember this, Tim.) I remember crying because I spilled the crystal light and your mom wanted me to clean it up.

I remember when I thought "My Humps" by the Black Eyed Peas was the song of the devil

I remember when we went into the abandoned school.

I remember when I used to like going to church. I also remember when I stopped going. I remember when I started going again. 

I remember when Maroon 5 was the best band I had ever heard. 

I remember when we got into a fight and we thought that if we listened to the High school Musical sound track everything would be better, but instead you told me you didn't want to be my friend anymore. I cried on the way home because you were my only friend.  

I remember the first time you told me that you loved me. 

I remember when I ate dog food and cat food to see which one tasted better, just in case I had to live off of it for the rest of my life. The cat food was better. 

I remember when I would stack pillows and blankets around me so I wouldn't have to see the lightning outside and I would put the Little Mermaid on and turn the volume up. 

-K



8 comments:

  1. Somehow I knew you would kill this prompt. And you did.

    The older sister and the nicknames and the cat food. Oh my goodness, the cat food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed really hard about the bathtub part and the cat food. This was amazing and brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha cat food. This was really interesting to read. Nelsons right, you did kill this prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg I can't because before I even read that part about me running into your crystal light stand I was gonna comment and bring it up, lol I still can't believe that ever happened that was so ridiculous! in fact I almost wrote it in my post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bathtub part. The whole thing. This is unforgettable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this. It's always cool how people open up more over writing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every paragraph killed me. This is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete