s

s

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Hate Me.

I hung my happiness up for everyone to see. 
I hung my happiness up for YOU to see. 
I wanted you to see it.
I wanted you to hate it. 
I wanted you to feel like everything that you have ever done in this world that was the slightest bit cruel was pulling at the hairs on your arms. Annoying. 
I wanted you to hate me the way that you hate wearing socks. 
The way you hate him.
Hate her.
Hate yourself.
Hate the mirror.
Hate sleeping in.
Hate growing up.                                         
Hate tennis. 
Hate love.
Hate winter.
Hate us.
Hate coats.     
Hate birds.
Hate waiting.
Hate that song.
Hate flowers.
Hate dirtbags.
Hate vanilla. 
Hate hell.
Hate the city.
Hate me.
Hate me.
Hate me.
Hate me.
Hate me.
Please.
Please save yourself from the pain of dealing with my me-ness. 
Truth is, I have stopped dealing with your self destructive you-ness.  
You're a disease in my lungs and I am a tear in your heart. 
Together we are the worst mistake. 

-K

4 comments:

  1. together we are the worst mistake

    yes yes to this, a thousand times

    ReplyDelete
  2. goodness i feel like I was sinking on the titanic when I read this, so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There were a lot of line that stabbed me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so captivating.
    "I hung my happiness up for everyone to see.
    I hung my happiness up for YOU to see.
    I wanted you to see it.
    I wanted you to hate it. " Hooked me so hard. So brilliant.

    ReplyDelete