s

s

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Secrets are for the lost soul.

The smoke billows in my face and I can't see.
Its's not actually smoke, you know? It's a metaphor, there is a deeper meaning.
There is always a deeper meaning.


I grind my teeth together in frustration because I like the way the tension feels, and I like looking right into her eyes because I like the way the tension Feels. 



Someday, oh someday we will start our lives and I will have to watch your life in pictures because we won't talk anymore. I already know that we won't talk anymore.



You know how you go to the city so that you can feel like you are apart of something different? 
You and her and them, they are my city. 


Something about the way that you move reminds me of songs that I listened to last summer. A friendly reminder of the past, a nightmare of the past. 



I feel bad when I pick flowers because I just ruined a beautiful little life just so I could put it behind my ear and in my hair. Decorating myself. That's selfish but I always do it. I pull and tear at its petals like its nothing. Why is destruction so easy?



I like the way blankets feel against my bare skin. 



Have you ever been told that you have cute freckles? Because you have the cutest freckles in the world and your freckles make me jealous. 


I like the way houses look when they have a lot a knickknacks. When you look around the room, its like you're reading a child's book and there is something about children books that bring you home.


My heart hurt they day I saw the cuts under your sleeve. I'm so sorry. 



Sometimes, I just want to wonder. 


-S.B.



6 comments:

  1. This has a lot of thought in it. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Someday, oh someday we will start our lives and I will have to watch your life in pictures because we won't talk anymore. I already know that we won't talk anymore." This is high school in one sentence

    ReplyDelete
  3. "You and her and them, they are my city. " Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're brilliant, and effortlessly honest. this is somewhat dreamy which I liked

    ReplyDelete