s

s

Thursday, April 17, 2014

metaphors of annihilation




Fill my lungs. Take my life little by little. Be my escape. 
I am all yours and I don't care anymore. 

Tell me if you feel ashamed by your ashes.

The clock and the windows watch you and that is your worst nightmare.  

You took the wings off of butterflies and I cried because I thought you were beautiful. 
But really, I just didn't know what beautiful meant. 

The color of my blood changed.
And the only thing that scared me was that I could see it. 

I know you care. The way you cling to your last breath. I know you care. 

This ritual of dances and car drives that we do, doesn't make the smoke go away. It only keeps it behind us, and I can't stop loving you.

Strawberry slices wont fix me, but maybe if you try hard enough, they will fix you.
Sweet things used to fix you. Sweet things used to give you smiles and stained clothes. 

I wait for the ripples, but I am waiting for them in dead water. 
This is my worst nightmare.

We are my worst nightmare.

-S.B.




6 comments:

  1. I'm working on a poem right now called "The Truth About Tobacco."

    Damn it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "We are my worst nightmare"
    Yes. Chills. You're writing is so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my feelings for these kind of things were indescribable, until now, thank you. i have been set free.
    you've been praised

    ReplyDelete
  4. i read this so many times, this is beatiful! shivers. shivers

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I wait for the ripples, but I am waiting for them in dead water." The title is wow. Stunning. Chills as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i keep rereading the last two lines.
    ah.
    ah.
    i really just can't stop it's so heartbreaking

    ReplyDelete